In order to gain remote access to your desktop or connect to secure.colostate.edu, your device must be registered with DUO.
Navigate to https://www.acns.colostate.edu/duo/ and follow the steps provided to register your device.
How to install and connect to PulseSecure
This tutorial will enable you to configure your PC to work remotely.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and expand the Manual Installers.
3. Select the Appropriate Installer
Select Pulse Client manual installer (64-bit Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8/10) to begin installing.
4. Open the installer
Once the installer has downloaded, open the downloaded file to begin the installation.
5. Follow the Prompts of the Installer
Select Next, then select Install
a. You may be required to enter your administrator credentials. If you are not an administrator on your computer, please contact email@example.com, as CLA IT does not support personal machines.
Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
6. Launch PulseSecure
Launch PulseSecure from your Windows Start Menu.
a. Open Windows Start Menu (Windows icon on the task bar).
b. Search for PulseSecure, and then open the program.
7. Add a Connection
Add a connection by selecting the + in the top right hand corner.
8. Configure the Connection
Leave the Type field as default, which is either to Policy Secure (UAC) or Connect Secure (VPN).
a. Enter the name field as CSU
b. Enter the Server URL field as secure.colostate.edu/2fa
c. Select Add.
9. Connect to the New Connection
You have successfully configured the CSU VPN! Select Connect.
10. PreSign-in Notification
A Pre Sign-in Notification will popup, select Proceed to continue.
11. Sign in
Using your NetID credentials, sign in and select connect.
12. Establish a Secondary Password
In the Secondary Password field, you have 3 options.
- If you enter the word push, then a push notification will be sent to your smart phone via DUO Mobile app. You must setup the DUO Mobile app and register your smart phone for two-factor authentication first
- If you enter the word phone, then you will receive a call on the phone that you have registered for two-factor authentication
- If you wish to enter the 6-digit code, then you must use the passcode on your hardware token, or the code from the DUO Mobile app on your smart phone. You can purchase a hardware token from RamTech in the LSC for $23.75
NOTE: If you have not yet registered a device for two-factor/DUO authentication, please let us know if you would like assistance. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Morgan Library IT Help Desk.
13. Disconnecting from CSU VPN
When you are connected to SecurePulse, there will be a notification that you are connected. To disconnect, you can select the disconnect button.
NOTE: Shutting down or letting your computer go to sleep will also disconnect you from the CSU VPN.